Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Washer does not spin or agitate  (Read 123 times)

Offline slakin0416

• VIP Member
Washer does not spin or agitate
« on: October 14, 2019, 05:11:54 PM »

Washing machine make and model: Samsung WF419AAW/XAA 03.

Basic issue, my machine is not spinning or agitating. If I put machine in a spin cycle test, I can hear motor spinning with no scratchy, bumpy, or knocking noises, but basket does not spin. If I start machine in a normal wash cycle, the machine has an issue agitating. The rotor spins one direction, when it tries to spin the other direction, it seems to stutter like itís attempting to agitate, but gets stuck. When it smoothly spins one way, the basket does not spin, when it switches to the other way, the basket does attempt to agitate a bit. Last year my dryer had a broken spider arm and I feel this is not the case with this machine because I do not hear the loud scraping noise that the spider arm made. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for any help. I can answer any questions to get a better sense if need be.