Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: PDW9280N00SS frozen - start/reset light blinking  (Read 133 times)

Offline kxmooney

• VIP Member
PDW9280N00SS frozen - start/reset light blinking
« on: October 02, 2019, 08:28:18 PM »

My GE Profile dishwasher (PDW9280N00SS) finished a cycle but when door was opened the dishwasher continued to beep every couple of seconds.  It would not rest so I cut power to the unit.  When I turned the power on, it is frozen with start/reset light blinking (Normal wash and Heated Dry lights are also lit like normal).  Keypad is unresponsive.  I've tried putting unit in service and factory modes with no luck.  I replaced the keypad. Same result. I checked door latch and it seems to be working correctly although we were having issues with dishwasher continuing to run when the door was opened mid-cycle. The connectors on the wire harness side are discolored which concerns me but the latch has continuity when closed and does not have continuity when open.  I was going to replace the Control Module but do not want to keep replacing parts until I get lucky.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Offline GJones

• Technician
Re: PDW9280N00SS frozen - start/reset light blinking
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 02:58:44 PM »
FLASHING DISPLAY LIGHTS

START/RESET   Cycle has been interrupted by pressing the START/RESET keypad. Light will quit flashing after the dishwasher automatically drains out the water.

Maybe there is water still in it or your float switch is stuck.
GJones

Offline kxmooney

• VIP Member
Re: PDW9280N00SS frozen - start/reset light blinking
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 11:39:42 AM »
GJones  Thank you for the response.  I was able to resolve the issue by purchasing a new Control Module and Door Latch.  I'm not sure if the Control Module needed to be replaced but I think it may have been damaged when the door lock failed and would not allow me to reset the dishwasher even when I shut off power to the unit.  At least that is what I am telling myself to justify the additional $110 for the control module.  :)