Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung RF25HMEDBSR french door fridge is not cooling  (Read 179 times)

Offline jdschmidty

• VIP Member
Samsung RF25HMEDBSR french door fridge is not cooling
« on: October 02, 2019, 08:11:55 AM »

Hello all,

My Samsung french door fridge is not cooling. I used to get codes 14C and 40C (ice maker sensor and ice maker fan), I do not get any code now. Could the ice maker cause the compressor to not run properly?

Ordered a start relay assembly (that was the part name) because what I thought was the start relay did not have continuity, however, neither does the new on. Did I receive a bad new start relay or is it just a connector. 

Coils are free of ice, fans are working, and compressor is running (so I'm assuming it has freon). Appears to be no power to the compressor. Date of manufacturing: 2014.

Here is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=RFA6kw94uGI

Offline houptee

• VIP Member
Re: Samsung RF25HMEDBSR french door fridge is not cooling
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 06:38:48 AM »
That is a variable speed compressor so it uses a inverter board that puts out variable voltage and frequency to run compressor at half throttle or full throttle. It has no start relay. You need to search for service manual for the fridge. There have been bulletins on the ice makers they call it the "bearded ice maker".

Offline houptee

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 06:56:18 PM »
Here is the service manual for it.

Offline houptee

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 10:47:27 PM »
Ice maker bulletin for Samsung