Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool WRX735SDHZ01 occasional no dispense.  (Read 151 times)

Offline safebustr

• VIP Member
Whirlpool WRX735SDHZ01 occasional no dispense.
« on: October 01, 2019, 02:59:06 PM »

Our Whirlpool French Door Refrig has developed a new problem (bending the condenser fin wire a tad solved the excess noise problem). On occasion when trying to get ice the unit fails to dispense. It makes the humming sound but fails to dispense ice or water. The dispense  display on the water side shows the ounces like it is working but you get no water. Most times all you have to do is try again and it will work but lately it has been harder to get it to start working, opening and closing the door and waiting a while usually works. It is still under warranty but being a repair type I wanted to see if any of you had seen this before. Also I never have found the service information for this unit if anyone has it a copy would be appreciated.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool WRX735SDHZ01 occasional no dispense.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 04:32:37 PM »
This would be your tech sheet

Offline safebustr

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 11:38:34 PM »
Thanks Dab, I am studying the print now trying to determine a starting place for my testing.
Boy reefers have gotten more complicated since I retired. I have worked on multi-million dollar equipment that wasn't any more complex than these new ones.

Thanks again :thanks:

Offline safebustr

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 11:12:57 PM »
Ok guys, Today with the help of a nice gentleman with 30 years residential reefer experience the no dispense problem was found. The unit was still under warranty....
Seems the molded plastic inner door shell has "sunk in" right where the door switch touches the door, a common problem according to the expert. The switch not being closed all the way results in the interlock preventing dispensing This intermittent problem was getting worse because the plastic was slowly getting more sunk in. I was on the right track but couldn't see the forest for the trees. This problem( according to the expert) is common several months after these units are placed in service due to the sprayed in foam insulation shrinking a tiny bit.
Sometimes (always) experience is the best teacher.