Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag gas dryer with control problem  (Read 128 times)

Online Thorning

• Technician
Maytag gas dryer with control problem
« on: October 01, 2019, 02:38:25 PM »

I acquired the above  model gas dryer with the understanding from the seller that the drum would not stop turning even when the door was opened. I assumed the door switch was faulty and replaced it. This did not correct the problem. I then checked the start switch  button and replaced it but the problem still exists. I had an older control panel with a usable Maytag timer that I hooked up temporarily in place of the original thinking that a set of contacts was stuck closed. No help !!! The drum will stop when the control is rotated to the off position but that is where I am at in terms of troubleshootng . I am now down to the possibility of the motor having a problem with the start  and run switches in  the motor  being the source of the problem. Does any one have any experience with this model and specifically this problem  ?

Online Thorning

• Technician
Re: Maytag gas dryer with control problem
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 04:09:50 PM »
I for got to include the model number of this machine which is LDG 9804 AAE

Online Thorning

• Technician
Re: Maytag gas dryer with control problem
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 01:24:01 AM »
I have changed out just about every item on this unit  except the wire harness but still cannot get it to fire up. The motor runs great . Looks like it will go to the scrap yard this week unless I find a problem today. really a puzzle !!!