Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Jenn Air fridge JFI2089wesb no display and nothing works.  (Read 183 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Jenn Air fridge JFI2089wesb no display and nothing works.
« on: September 30, 2019, 01:22:02 AM »

My customer has this french door fridge,the display disappeared,sometimes showing "Sabbath mode is on",mbut cannot deactivate it because the display panel does not show .the display shows only a mesh type screen,no lettering.no fan,no compressor,beeps when cup is pressed on the water paddle on the door control panel.what part should I replace?How can I tell?

Offline shillion

• Technician
Re: Jenn Air fridge JFI2089wesb no display and nothing works.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 09:05:32 AM »
I got called back .the display came back,could change the temp setting,but other things such as Sabbath mode,alarm mode wont change.the cooling on/off won't change,and nothing is running.no fan,no compressor.only the interior lights go on and off as doors are open and close.The display becomes a mesh and no wording again when fridge is unplugged and plugged in again.The display is totally unmanageable.Ehen the display was a mesh(no wording),the small indicating light Comes on when I push a button.But the small indicating light won't come on when I a button when the display had wording.I won't know what to replace,the main board or the touch pad.please help for the future.I told the customer to call the Jenn Air man, hopefully he has such experience and know what to do.

Offline Cascade

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 07:30:59 PM »
Most of the time for me it has been the HV board at the back. Anything weird that happens with these.... like the dispenser flapper opening and closing rapidly by itself has been the HV board.

https://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts?query=WPW10312695

Offline shillion

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 09:23:37 AM »
Because I am not sure what was causing this strange problem,I referred this to a good friend,who identified the main control board as the culprit,based on his experience.So he came back with the HV board,the problem was solved.So I gained the experience.