Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung Front Load WF431ABW/XAA 01 Stopped in mid cycle  (Read 125 times)

Offline mobilerpro

• VIP Member
Samsung Front Load WF431ABW/XAA 01 Stopped in mid cycle
« on: September 25, 2019, 09:29:49 AM »

Drained water. Door remains locked. Can't open. Does not run. Ran a quick test mode. Shows Pn 11. Jogged the cycle control button and display flashes "2E".  No component test buttons respond. Just keeps flashing 2E. According to the technical info booklet that came with the washer:

Description of code 2E for WF431 is: MICOM is attempting to drive the motor but is not getting any response signals from the "hall sensor". Visual check shows motor is not running. (Locked, Defective Hall Sensor or Overload).

Corrective Action: Evaluate wire harness for loose or unhooked connections. Go to Quick Test Mode and test Motor.

In the booklet it says in Quick Test Mode to press the "My Cycle Key" to test the Fan Motor. No mention of any other motor. When that key is pressed in Quick test mode it just continues to show the flashing 2E code. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
Re: Samsung Front Load WF431ABW/XAA 01 Stopped in mid cycle
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 08:27:33 AM »
Take an ohm meter and ohm Out the wiring harness from control board and motor paying particular attention to the spot where the wrap tie is connected to the frame, Iíve found the issue is a crack or stress in the wiring harness from when the machine goes into high speed spin with a heavy or unbalanced Load it literally pulls and stresses the wiring harness at that wrap tie point and possible cut inside the sheathing of the wires. I believe in the manufacturing process they shorted the length of the wiring harness and under load tears the wiring harness internally. Let me know how you make out.

Offline mobilerpro

• VIP Member
Re: Samsung Front Load WF431ABW/XAA 01 Stopped in mid cycle
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 10:04:11 AM »
Thanks for your response Blaiser. I previously was unable in getting the cover off to check the control panel only at the right hand corner facing the machine. Shouldn't it just easily unsnap from the top plastic tabs and pull up like the rest did? Any tips?