Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag Bravos XL MVWB750YW0, Sd code.  (Read 194 times)

Offline dano126

• VIP Member
Maytag Bravos XL MVWB750YW0, Sd code.
« on: September 13, 2019, 05:05:37 PM »

hello all, I've been without a washer for about three weeks now, trying to figure out whats going on with it.  I've been to other forums, but nothing has worked yet.  Heres the scenario,...while doing a load of wash on the normal load, the machine stopped and had Sd displayed on the screen.  I looked up code and it came up with over use of detergent.  I could hardly think so using a pod.  The display had also shown there was 21 minutes left in the the cycle.  I unplugged the washer for about 5 minutes, then plugged back in.  21 min. remaining was still on display.   I turned washer off, reset cycle to normal and tried it again, only to have the same thing happen,   Sd and 21 min. to go.  As  I sat there watching this thing, I could see that it was draining the tub, but when it got down to there being no more water in the tub, it continued to try and pump water out...for nine minutes.  So I did more research, finding that there could also be something plugging the pump or drain tube.  I took the basket out, inspected the pump and hose, only to find...nothing.  A previous attempt at helping suggested the main board  could be  bad, so I got a used one and put it in, only to have it do the same thing.  I've  checked the hose that goes to the board, and that is clear, at least I can blow in it and hear it coming out the other end.  The hub looks ok, as in the splines are not worn off or stripped out.  Someone said something about drag on the motor, but it seems to work ok up to the point where it needs to spin out, I guess.
Another thing I read about, but it didn't pertain to my washer, was pulling the codes by turning the selector Knob like doing a combination lock.  I'd like to do that to see if anything else comes up.  But I cannot find any posts on the sequence to do it.
One other thing I was wanting to do, is to see if there is a way to disable the lid lock so I can see whats going on inside the washer while it going through a cycle.  If any can let me know if I've missed anything, Id (my wife) would really appreciate it.

Offline Ragdahl24

• VIP Member
Re: Maytag Bravos XL MVWB750YW0, Sd code.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 10:07:37 PM »
If you’ve used to much detergent you more than likely ruined the pressure switch. Try that.