Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE GSH25JSTAss Fridge not circulating air. No defrost issue, good fan  (Read 142 times)

Offline nolazach

• Technician

This is a head scratcher.  I had as GE with a bad board.   The freezer was frozen over but defrosted when direct power applied to heat circuit.  I replaced the board and the thermistor.  Then defrosted all the ice by steam. 
  The fan is blowing and the diffuser is open.  Yet the top two shelves of the fridge aren't cooling. 
  When I put my hand over diffuser I feel no cold air.   Yet on the other side I can stick  my hand into diffuser on bottom I can  touch the heater through the vent.  Meaning no blockage. 

Im going back for the third time today.   This is crazy.  I want to change their light as I noticed it's a 60watt non appliance and is hot. 

It seems like I remember some models having a duct to the top vent.  Seems that's what this needs. 

Any thoughts on why I have bad circulation?

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: GE GSH25JSTAss Fridge not circulating air. No defrost issue, good fan
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 10:40:29 AM »
I had one of these older units that the light was saying on with the door shut in the fresh food section and this was the first thing I check when I got there there.Closed the door slowly and it went off, but when completey shut the light was on. but the next day the pantry door was warm and I caught it.Had to adjust door up. Caught me by surprise as this was always one of the first things I check.

Offline manden

• VIP Member
Re: GE GSH25JSTAss Fridge not circulating air. No defrost issue, good fan
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 08:12:41 AM »
Since they can fit a 60 watt incandescent I would change it to a 40 or 60 watt equivalent LED.
It will use a lot less power than even a 40 watt appliance bulb and basically add no heat to the unit.