Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Start Switch is intermittent on a BOSCH Gas Dryer - Model WTMC3510UC/01  (Read 174 times)

Offline JumpinJackFlash

• VIP Member

My friend's Bosch Gas Dryer has been running well - up until recently.   Lately, they've been experiencing issues with it starting up.  It seems like the Start Switch is starting to go bad.  Sometimes you have to hold the button down for several seconds or press it several times before the unit will start working....and sometimes it doesn't want to do anything. 

The Control Module isn't cheap and I'm not sure it's worth the investment for a dryer this old.   I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron.....does anyone know if the switch itself is available to replace on this unit's control board?

Thanks!

Pete

Offline manden

• Technician
Re: Start Switch is intermittent on a BOSCH Gas Dryer - Model WTMC3510UC/01
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 06:30:38 AM »
You will have to be very lucky to get a replacement number for the switch.
One thing for sure is that it will not be available from Bosch. Manufacturers do not sell board components.

You could open the unit up and see if there is a number on the switch and then search for that.

Since it sounds like you may scrap the unit you have nothing to loose.
If the search for a replacement switch comes up empty I would do a jiggery pokery.
Odds are high that it is a single pole momentary switch.
So I would drill a hole in the faceplate where it will not interfere with anything else.
Then mount a switch here and run a couple wires over to the boards switch to parallel it.
And that should take care of the problem.

Offline JumpinJackFlash

• VIP Member
Re: Start Switch is intermittent on a BOSCH Gas Dryer - Model WTMC3510UC/01
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 07:08:10 AM »
Good ideas - thank you!!

Iíve gotten lucky in the past when faced with a similar situation - where Iíve found additional switches on the circuit board that were there for other functions (not being used on the unit I was working on) and was able to use them as spare parts.

Now I have a couple of options when I tackle this job next week.  Thanks again!