Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool ice maker overflows when water dispenser is used  (Read 143 times)

Offline Dash

• VIP Member
Whirlpool ice maker overflows when water dispenser is used
« on: August 20, 2019, 03:25:47 AM »

Whirlpool SxS refrigerator ED5GTFXKQ02 cools properly but has a water dispensing problem.  When water is dispensed, the ice maker solenoid also activates so water is overflowing through the ice bucket. Refrigerator is missing tech sheet so I don't have wiring diagram LIT628370.  Why is ice maker solenoid activating?  FYI the water inlet valve has 2 solenoids.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool ice maker overflows when water dispenser is used
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 09:23:48 AM »
2206123 Water valve has 3 solenoid on it for one thing and is not available.Also I see diodes in the water valve circuit that could be bad also and most likely. Here is the wiring diagram. The other tech sheet you posted is just for the ice maker.

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 10:04:29 AM »
Looks like the valve can be found, but you need to check those diodes.

Offline Dash

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 06:36:52 AM »
Thanks for the tips and the wiring diagram.  I made a typo -- it is a 3-solenoid valve.  I see the 2 diodes in the wiring diagram but where are they physically located?  What do I replace the diodes with?  I'd like to replace the diodes without replacing the entire wiring harness.