Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Amana top load washer model LWA40AW2  (Read 153 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Amana top load washer model LWA40AW2
« on: August 13, 2019, 07:57:57 AM »

I was given the above model washer for possible repair. It has a water leak presumably at the main shaft  seal. The leak is about a quart  in total for a typical wash cycle. The unit is very clean and  runs well but is starting to make a little bearing noise. According to the s/n which is 9906012046 this unit is about 20 years old. In checking various sources it appears that a seal and/bearing kit is no longer available or if it is available the parts are at least $140. Is there a similar model  that uses these parts still available and at a reasonable price possibly for a Speed Queen unit ? Anyone with some info for this unit ?

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Amana top load washer model LWA40AW2
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 04:24:58 PM »
I was able to find the same type of parts as used in a Speed Queen  top load washer. All this was due to the very helpful folks at Alliance. The new parts have been ordered from PWS and should be here by Monday of this next week. Hope there are no other suprises when I take this unit apart.
Ref 495P3 Hub and seal kit
     28944RP bearing