Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag DE312 electric dryer  (Read 145 times)

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
Maytag DE312 electric dryer
« on: August 05, 2019, 03:12:22 PM »

I was just given the above model electric dryer knowing that it needs repair.  I found the temperature selector switch was burned at one of the terminals . In looking for the p/n  I cannot locate it and need to help to identify it to be able to purchase one. I have installed a similar switch but it only has 2 terminals and the original had three. This unit also had burned a couple of the terminal connectors at the timer. I replaced the timer and the unit will put out heat but it is not quite correct.  I took the brown wire off  at the temp selector switch and insulated it and pushed the selector switch for delicate. I can get heat this way but  would prefer to get the right type of switch.  Need help for the correct p/n.

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
Re: Maytag DE312 electric dryer
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 07:35:13 AM »
I made a mistake and this unit is a DE512 . Still looking for this temp switch p/n .

Offline manden

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 08:08:37 AM »
I think the part number is 305963

It is obsolete so finding one will be a pain.

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 08:12:36 AM »
Yes. So far I have a used 2 connector type installed with Maytag markings. It is a push button type but only works of course for one heat  and I am still going to look for the correct one.

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
Re: Maytag DE512 electric dryer
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 05:18:29 AM »
I was able to find a complete dryer of the type that uses this 2 button temp control and may take the control out of it and use it.  Not sure if this salvage unit has a good control yet but it was free !