Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Magic Chef gas dryer CYG300SAWW  (Read 151 times)

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Magic Chef gas dryer CYG300SAWW
« on: August 03, 2019, 04:07:08 PM »

I bought the above Magic Chef  gas  dryer at a very reasonable price with the possibility that it might need repair. It will turn  the drum, turn on the igniter but I cannot get it to light the main burner properly. I have jumpered the 2 t-stats on the burner tube, replaced the flame sensor (temporarily to verify its function) and could not find a problem. I then tried to get it to fire the burner by switching the delicate/normal switch which it will then sometimes work but only for a few seconds . The cycling t-stat has an extra terminal for a heater function and that is suspect also. I am unable to find a parts listing for this unit  and need some help and advice . I suspect the high limit t-stat , The delicate /normal switch, and  the cycling t-stat. Anyone out there who can steer me in the right direction ? Help!!!

Offline Thorning

• Technician
Re: Magic Chef gas dryer CYG300SAWW
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 08:30:10 PM »
I was able to put an alternate part from my spare parts box on in place of the original Magic Chef hi temp t-stat. This replacement was off the heater tube of an old w-pool or Maytag unit. Works OK . I had to drill a couple of new mtg holes for it as the original mount holes were slightly different spacing. Tested it and works very well.