Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung RF263AEWP French Door Refrigerator  (Read 284 times)

Offline Joey Bullock

• VIP Member
Samsung RF263AEWP French Door Refrigerator
« on: July 31, 2019, 10:58:24 PM »

Customer called and said icemaker wouldn't work.  When I arrived, I found the unit cooling but the freezer had a lot of frost in it.  The keypad control inside the  refrigerator was lit but you couldn't change any of the setpoints or functions.   I unplugged the unit and waited for about 10 minutes before reconnecting the power.  No change.  Any idea which is the best way to proceed.  Do you think the keypad control could be bad or is it just a dumb control?  I'm guessing that I'll be needing a Service Manual for troubleshooting and repair.  Thanks, Joey Bullock

Offline Joey Bullock

• VIP Member
Re: Samsung RF263AEWP French Door Refrigerator
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 08:10:12 AM »
Can anyone provide a link for a Service Manual for this Samsung refrigerator.  Thank you, Joey

Offline applianceguy69!

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 10:52:25 AM »
joey, did you resolve youre samsung french door issue?

Offline Joey Bullock

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 05:05:40 AM »
No.  I found a Service Manual and Tech Sheet and went back to check it out.  The Customer Information Display shows 2F in the Freezer and 38F in the refrigerator.  I checked everything as described in the Service Manual and have come to the conclusion that the next step is to replace the Customer Information Display and go from there.  The bad thing is that you can't buy just display, you have to buy the entire hinge cover that includes the freezer and refrigerator door switches.

I disassembled the freezer to see if the freezer evaporator coil was frozen.  Everything inside the freezer was covered in heavy frost but the evaporator coil was closer and the drain was open.

I'm still not sure what's causing the heavy frosting in the freezer.  The customer said the initial issue was no ice and then they noticed the heavy frosting getting worse.  When I disassembled the freezer the other day, the icemaker tray was full of ice and had heavy frost on top of the full tray.  When is reassembled the freezer, I pressed the icemaker test button and the icemaker went through harvest and refilled to what I think would be normal with no overfilled observed.

Any ideas or info would be appreciated.  I'll keep you updated as I proceed.  Thanks, Joey

Offline manden

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 06:24:45 AM »
Heavy frost on walls and items is a freezer is usually due to a door leak.

Offline Joey Bullock

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 08:12:45 AM »
That's what I'm thinking also.  I ran out of time but will check on that later.  I'll keep you updated.  Thanks, Joey.

Offline applianceguy69!

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 12:32:47 PM »
sir,there is a HUGE problem with samsungs ice makers .it seems like every model frosts over due to air leakage.there is a kit available from samsung [depending on model] that gives the epoxy, y clips, and maybe even the board to keep it in d frost longer.the freezer side is a issue as well, it gets so bad the ice builds up and stops the fan. The part we usaully order is DA97-12609B. cover and sensor included since the cover cracks easily if you dont have enough patience to completely hair dryer it.

Offline Joey Bullock

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 01:15:09 PM »
Thank you for the info.  That sounds like what I need.  Any input or opinion on the CID being lit but unresponsive?  Thank you, Joey.