Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool washer Model WTW5000DW1  (Read 138 times)

Offline Joey Bullock

• VIP Member
Whirlpool washer Model WTW5000DW1
« on: July 30, 2019, 10:57:13 PM »

Customer found this machine with the Spin light blinking and the Lid Lock clicking.  They unplugged the machine and called me.  I plugged in the machine and tried to run Diagnostics.  The Sensing light would flash.  No error codes.  I tried to put the machine into Automatic Test Mode.  The Lid Lock would click as it tried lock and then click as it unlocked.  The Lid Lock light would not come on.  I tried Calibration but it wouldn't work because the Lid Lock would work.  I ran a cycle and the machine fills, agitates, and pumps out the water.  The Lid Lock is not locked and the Lid Lock light is not On.
The machine stops when it's time to Spin.  My guess is that it's because the lid is not locked. I see nothing else wrong.  I've never seen this before.  What do I check next?  Thanks, Joey Bullock

Offline luck

• Technician
Re: Whirlpool washer Model WTW5000DW1
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 11:37:54 PM »
I would with replacing the lid lock make sure all the water is out put a wet vac on the drain hose

Offline Joey Bullock

• VIP Member
Re: Whirlpool washer Model WTW5000DW1
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 04:27:33 AM »
I replaced the lid switch and that fixed the problem.  This was one of the newer style lid switches that snaps on.  No screws.  It's very cheesey looking.  Thank you, Joey