Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GFSS6KKXASS - GE Refrigerator/Freezer control panel issues  (Read 114 times)

Offline JTMoney99

• VIP Member
GFSS6KKXASS - GE Refrigerator/Freezer control panel issues
« on: July 21, 2019, 07:31:41 PM »

Hello. New to the forum, but grateful for any help you all might be able to provide.

Over the past few weeks, our GE GFSS6KKXASS refrigerator/freezer has been going haywire. Randomly, at various times of the day, the control panel will change temperatures of (most often) the freeze, almost as if a ghost is pushing buttons. The display will cycle through the different temperatures and finally land on a temparature that likely not desired. A few minutes later, the panel goes through process again.

I have pulled the plug, for up to 10-20 minutes, and the symptoms go away...for a day or two. And then the symptoms begin again. I have found no triggering reason for the issues.

Is there a faulty sensor in the freezer (or refrigerator)? Are these symptoms of the motherboard going out? Anything I can do to further troubleshoot the issue?

Offline smart19777

• VIP Member
Re: GFSS6KKXASS - GE Refrigerator/Freezer control panel issues
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 08:09:06 PM »
I think problem with display board. Any knob on the board is bad. You should change knob.

Offline manden

• VIP Member
Re: GFSS6KKXASS - GE Refrigerator/Freezer control panel issues
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 09:16:53 AM »
Sounds like a control board problem.

Also I would suggest you plug this unit into an appliance surge protector as sometimes spikes on the line can cause weird symptoms.