Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Speed Queen electric dryer model NE8333L  (Read 166 times)

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
Speed Queen electric dryer model NE8333L
« on: July 20, 2019, 03:05:39 PM »

I was just given the above model dryer and it will not start > I have checked the obvious things such as the door switch,  temp limit switch which was  open (replaced it ) but dont find any other  usual problems. This has a touch pad control  and I cannot find a supply of  this item in case it is the problem area. Any suggesttins as to a source of this item and also possible areas to look to find the problem area. ? Need help.

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
Re: Speed Queen electric dryer model NE8333L
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 08:17:19 AM »
In checking the unit over very closely I found I had replaced the device I thought was a thermal limit t-stat when in fact it was a thermister. I found another one in my spare parts box and installed. The unit ran but produced no heat. After cycling the unit quite a few times it stopped working-that is it would not turn on the drum rotation except for an instant. I had checked the heating element an did not find a problem with it. I  could not find a limiting t-stat. Any suggestions ?

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 10:55:59 AM »
I was able to start the unit and get it to heat for a short time. I had jumpered the 2 heavy wires going into a large relay on the circuit board while they were still connected. Also I gently tapped the circuit board on the back side that correspond to the start LED for the  start command. Sometimes it worked but not always. Any comments from others ?

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 12:51:23 PM »
I was able to contact the Speed Queen factory today  to inquire about  troubleshooting the control panel and also the availability of a replacement panel. They told me there are no OEM parts available but did send me a service manual  and a parts list.  The panel p/n 59610P with the relays and other components is not available from Sp. Queen but there is one on E Bay I may go after If the unit cannot be made to work. Does anyone have additional info on the large power relay on this board which I think is the problem ?

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 03:38:04 PM »
Since I did not have much to loose I very carefully took the relay panel loose from the LED indicator panel as I suspected the main K2 relay for the heating element was loose in the panel . Indeed it was . Two solder joints were not connected to the panel joints. These were resoldered and the panel was put back in place. The touch pad was energized and the drum was able to turn properly but still no heat. A temporary jumper was hooked from the heavy red to the heavy orange wires while they were still in place on the relay and heat is now working. IMO this relay is not working as it should but I cant find a replacement so I will put a semi permanent jumper in alongside the K2 relay to make it work.  What A job !!!. Hope someone else benefits from this exercise.