Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool S/S refrigerator Mod. ED5LVAXWB02  (Read 243 times)

Offline Joey Bullock

• VIP Member
Whirlpool S/S refrigerator Mod. ED5LVAXWB02
« on: July 17, 2019, 09:42:01 PM »

The icemaker won't work.  I checked the optics using the tech sheet and service manual.  Everything checked OK but the icemaker wouldn't run during test mode.  I checked the icemaker as instructed by service manual and tech sheet.  The icemaker checked out OK but wouldn't run in test mode.  I replaced the module and the icemaker still doesn't run in test mode.  What do I check or replace next. Any ideas or direction would be appreciated.  Thanks, Joey Bullock

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses keep it simple
    • Appliance Repair
Re: Whirlpool S/S refrigerator Mod. ED5LVAXWB02
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 02:41:05 AM »
 thermostat in ice maker has to be closed if not you need to use a jumper wire on the module head from terminal T to terminal h. the Oddity on this particular refrigerator is that once you replace the ice maker not only does a thermostat have to be closed or have a jumper wire on it but you actually have to unplug the refrigerator and plug it back in and wait a few minutes for it to go through a cycle. you may have it fixed and just don't know it.

Offline Joey Bullock

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 03:06:04 AM »
I meant to include that I had a jumper in place between T and H when in test mode.  I unplugged the refrigerator and waited just a bit before plugging it back in.

I left everything in place like it should be to make ice.  I'll check back later.  Thanks for the info. 

Offline Joey Bullock

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 07:35:29 AM »
I checked this morning and no ice.  Which way would you recommend that I proceed?  Thanks, Joey

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance Repair
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 10:07:23 AM »
Check the thermal link going to the ice maker could be an open circuit. Especially if you left that wire in. The way I test the Optics is with the door open you should be getting two blinks followed by a 1 second delay repeated. with the flap to the left closed and not blocking the beam you should be getting a steady on light. and then with a flap still closed and not blocking the beam I pushed the light switch in and you should be getting a steady off light. I've seen Optics test good and still be bad. when I do my final test I always make sure my light switch is in a closed position and my flap is in a closed position and not blocking the beam.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 10:16:59 AM by haroldsappliance »

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance Repair
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 10:25:29 AM »
 keep in mind your light switch is also an interlock switch so if it's faulty or the doors open your icemaker is not going to function correctly
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 10:26:40 AM by haroldsappliance »

Offline dab147315

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 10:29:57 AM »
Make a cheater cord out of a old ice maker harness and jump out thermostat and see if it cycles.This will not test thermostat but module!

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
    • Appliance Repair
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 10:44:53 AM »
 O0
Make a cheater cord out of a old ice maker harness and jump out thermostat and see if it cycles.This will not test thermostat but module!

Offline Joey Bullock

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 01:01:40 AM »
Great info.  Thank you, Joey Bullock.