Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Frigidaire washer FWS933fs2 making rumbling noise when slowing down from spinnin  (Read 248 times)

Online shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983

Hello fellow repairmen,I have seen this many times but never had to repair it because the customers don't mind this temporary noise.The tub is accelerating to high speed,it makes a rumbling noise, after it passed that range,the noise disappeared.no noise all the way to max speed.The noise comes back when deccelerating from high speed to that range again.My theory was the tub seal was rubbing on the shaft.Sll I have to do is replace the tub seal.No need to replace the tub bearing.What do you guys think?I will be uploading the noise recording in the next postings.This message is too big.

Online shillion

• Technician
Noise recording #1

Online shillion

• Technician
Sorry,the site does not allow that type of file.So I cannot let you hear the noise.I will try to upload again.

Offline swong

• VIP Member
I would probably lean towards the tub bearing similar to a vehicle's wheel bearing which gives a whine noise only at a certain speed.  If you could live with the noise until it eventually fails then tear it apart for a better "look/see".  In any event it's a very tedious repair and might not be worth keeping?

Online shillion

• Technician
I have seen this on many Frigidaire washers,but never asked to repair because the noises only stayed a short time.I asked this time because the house was sold the new owner may question about the noise.I need to give the owner a quote.I would tell the owner she needs a bearing and seal job.Thank you for your suggestion.