Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Need help with a LG LinearCompressor  (Read 11774 times)

Offline houptee

• Technician
Re: Need help with a LG LinearCompressor
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2021, 07:51:09 PM »

If you don't want to spend time and money on it anymore the big appliance sales will start around tax return week.
Lowes has a nice 26.6 cu ft french door by Hisense that uses the newer r600 refrigerant and it has been on sale in the past for $1300.
It is also sold by BestBuy but branded as Insignia for them.
I have come to realize these 3k and up fridges are just a bad investment they all have major problems so if you buy a new 1300 fridge and it dies after 6 yrs it doesn't hurt as much to junk it.

Offline quada

• VIP Member
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2021, 08:26:13 PM »
Strange because Searspartsdirect Appliancepartspros and Repairclinic all show the TCA36411702 aka FC75LANE as the compressor for the Kenmore model number you have.

Do you have 2 separate control boards because the LANE has a inverter board separate from the main logic board.

The A models went to one big board on the back of fridge with large Capacitors down near the bottom of the board, that is the inverter section built into the main logic board.

So if you can post a pic of the board on the back of fridge maybe can identify what is going on.

See this link for a picture of the boards I have: https://imgur.com/a/W2rw1XV

The top board is what I am assuming is the compressor inverter board is model number EBR65640204.
The bottom board is EBR650027 or EBR65002716, not sure if you include the big numbers.  I assume this is the main logic board.

If you had a choice between the FC75LANE and the FLS075LANA which one would you choose?  Do I even have the option of going the FC75LANE route with a *NE compatible PCB?  Would any compressor inverter PCB work with the main logic board I have?

I understand your note about the $1300 new models but I would like to try to fix the one I have.

Offline houptee

• Technician
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2021, 08:27:25 PM »
Does the board you have in the fridge look like this one shown on searspartsdirect EBR64173902?

If you look closely at the picture it has a small red decal on the board that says FC75LANE

If yes then you cannot flash that board it is only used for the E compressors FC75LANE and someone must have worked on the fridge and put a A type compressor in it.
Did you have this fridge since it was new do you know the history of it?

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/product/1iq11z5ofl-0046-795/id-EBR64173902

Offline quada

• VIP Member
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2021, 08:42:57 PM »
Does the board you have in the fridge look like this one shown on searspartsdirect EBR64173902?

If you look closely at the picture it has a small red decal on the board that says FC75LANE

If yes then you cannot flash that board it is only used for the E compressors FC75LANE and someone must have worked on the fridge and put a A type compressor in it.
Did you have this fridge since it was new do you know the history of it?

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/product/1iq11z5ofl-0046-795/id-EBR64173902

I did post a picture of the boards a few minutes before your post, my posts just have to get approved manually by a moderator so they might be a little delayed.  My board has an orange sticker that says FC75LBNA NTC on it.

Offline breezee361

• VIP Member
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2021, 10:29:39 PM »
So I have a kenmore/lg refrigerator model number 795.51833.411 and I replaced the compressor with a new one however it is not an LG compressor if I'm not mostaken I think it is an embraco is it possible to run this compressor after I program the board with that pcb programming tool.? Or are LG compressors only go in LG refrigerators.?

Offline houptee

• Technician
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2021, 11:30:15 PM »
Try reading this LG manual pg 56 they start talking about A or E inverter so apparently they did have 2 versions and 2 compressors in the same model fridge!!

I would order the same part numbers you have now and same compressor since it was working before it broke.

See if this link lets you download the manual

https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/attachments/lfx28978-lfx25978-service-manual-pdf.31562/

Offline houptee

• Technician
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2021, 06:58:32 AM »
So I have a kenmore/lg refrigerator model number 795.51833.411 and I replaced the compressor with a new one however it is not an LG compressor if I'm not mostaken I think it is an embraco is it possible to run this compressor after I program the board with that pcb programming tool.? Or are LG compressors only go in LG refrigerators.?

No you cannot run Embraco with a LG inverter controller because LG only uses 2 pins on the compressor the other pin is not connected to anything.  Embraco has all 3 pins to a winding and uses 3 phases to operate. Totally different type of motor inside each.

Offline Usertrojan

• VIP Member
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2021, 05:35:16 PM »
NOTE:When servicing an LG fridge that will have the compressor replaced with their new Universal Compressor (TCA38091801), control boards manufactured prior to 2014 WILL NOT WORK with the update jig. This means that any fridge made 2013 and prior must have the control board replaced AND reprogrammed with the jig before running the compressor. Failure to do this will result in a dead compressor which must be replaced again.

Apologies for bringing up this older post; however, I have a customer with a # LG Refrigerator who needs the new universal compressor and (based on this) also is in need of an updated control board.  My question is, do all the control boards need to be replaced or just the main control board (EBR73304210) and then flashed?  I'm hoping it is just the main control board.

Cheers,
RE5513

Hi Houptee,

I'm in this situation: I bought and installed the FLS075LANA, got the software upgrade jig and when I connected to the PCB (ERB7334210) nothing was happening (was not identifying the compressor model#). Based on your note and more research, I learned that my PCB was built on December 2012 and does not have the boot program, therefore cannot be updated.

My question: I understand I need to buy a new PCB, but do I need look for the exact PCB model (ERB7334210) or can I update with a different model like ERB789405 for example?

Thanks

Offline houptee

• Technician
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2021, 10:33:25 AM »
Usertrojan did you buy a compressor that has the red decal on top warning about software update?
That is the newest compressor and what you want to install.
It needs the software updated or it will damage the compressor.

This discussion got a bit confused because some of the other posts they have the older LG design with 2 separate boards, one main logic board and one compressor inverter board.

If you have the fridge with one large board on the back with large capacitors near the bottom then you must update those large boards when you install the newest version compressor that has the red decal on top.

Look up your model on the parts search link at top of the page for appliancepartspros.com and it should give you the newest main board part number. Or check other parts sites like searspartsdirect, encompass, repairclinic, etc to confirm that all show same part number for the main board.

Offline Usertrojan

• VIP Member
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2021, 04:00:55 PM »
Thanks for the response. 

Yes, I have the red decal on the new compressor and model # is FLS075LANA.
Yes, I have the fridge with one large board with the large capacitor on the bottom.

I can't find the PCB part# (ERB7334210) anywhere on those suggested sites.  I see them on Ebay but the build# is before 2014 so I know I can't use them.  I also see PCBs with different model#s that visually look the same as the one I have now but just don't know if I can just use them... any other suggestions?  sigh... should've just bought a new fridge to begin with!

Offline houptee

• Technician
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2021, 07:11:58 PM »
Look up the board by putting the fridge model number and then use the diagrams and find the main board in the list and see what part number it says is the current part number for that fridge.
It might show a new part number and then a notation > (replaces old # you have now).

Offline houptee

• Technician
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2021, 10:19:11 PM »
Official LG training video for the software update procedure:

https://youtu.be/Z5oMBH3CSK0

Offline houptee

• Technician
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2021, 08:47:11 AM »
He shows 3 LG main boards and 3 jigs with different versions of the firmware on each jig.
The 8.3, 8.5,  and  8.7 firmware is on his jigs but the update would not work with the 8.5 version so then he used 8.7 and it worked.

So possibly 8.5 version has a glitch and they fixed it with the newer firmware 8.7.

https://youtu.be/55cjX5uRO9c

Offline Usertrojan

• VIP Member
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2021, 11:02:40 PM »
Look up the board by putting the fridge model number and then use the diagrams and find the main board in the list and see what part number it says is the current part number for that fridge.
It might show a new part number and then a notation > (replaces old # you have now).

Okay thanks.  I will try that.