Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Your Privacy Rights

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore/LG french door refrigerator with water that won't work  (Read 356 times)

Offline tagarman

• Technician

Hello everyone,  I'm working on a Kenmore French-door refrigerator made by LG.  Model No: 795.70329.310.  I can not water for the dispenser or icemaker to work.  I replaced the water valve in the back part no: AJU72992601.  I can get water out of that valve in the back, also I can get water through the filter and to the reservoir behind a panel located at the bottom of the left refrigerator door.  There is a two coil valve there (one for icemaker and one for water dispenser)  The sticker on the valve says 110-127 VAC.  When I measure the voltage on the valve I only get 56 VAC (not enough to open the valve).  I tried to Hot Wire the coil with a test cord and the valve works OK.  I can not find any wire diagram or schematic anywhere.  If anyone knows why I am not getting 120 VACA on that valve, please let me know.  If you know of a LG or Kenmore service manual for this model, Please send it to me or let me know where I can get it.  Thank You! Tom

Offline Bearcat

• Technician
Re: Kenmore/LG french door refrigerator with water that won't work
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 01:37:19 AM »
Hello Tom,

Here is the information that I could find.

Might check your door switch as well.

Hope this helps.

Bearcat
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 01:42:30 AM by Bearcat »

Offline Bearcat

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 01:45:10 AM »
Here’s another.

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 07:44:57 PM »
Thanks Bearcat,  I printed these out and will go back this week to try to figure this out.  I think these pictures you sent me will really help.  I'll let you know.  Thanks again.

Offline tagarman

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 07:30:05 PM »
Thanks for all your help but I finally gave up today. I replaced the primary water valve and the dispenser PCB but it still does not work.  After 4 trips to her house and almost 4 hours labor I told her to call Sears Factory Service because I don't know what else to do.  She said that she will call me back after Sears comes out to repair it and let me know what they did.  I'll let you all know after I find out so that you will know if you ever run into a problem like this.  Thanks again!