Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool WDF760SADM1 "Gold" dishwasher, circulation pump no-run condition  (Read 179 times)

Offline jonny

• VIP Member

My dishwasher began malfunctioning last week in the middle of a load. Main wash pump totally conked out, drain pump still worked. After some hours of research, I found a "close enough" Whirlpool tech sheet (attached), ran on-board diagnostics, obtained code F9 E1 (diverter malfunction). Following tech sheet procedure for this code I discovered diverter motor still working but the sensor switch inside the diverter housing was not. If this switch gets stuck open, control board logic can't sense the diverter position so it stops turning on the wash pump. Solution: replace entire diverter unit w/ integral sensor switch (wpw10537869). Cost: 37 clams (ebay).

Offline jonny

• VIP Member
more info Re: Whirlpool WDF760SADM1 "Gold" dishwasher diverter
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 11:30:32 AM »
When replacing the above diverter, also replace the seal a.k.a. grommet WPW10195677 that seals the diverter shaft where it passes through into the sump. Failure and leakage at this seal is often the first, "silent" problem that leads to failure of the diverter sensor, so don't do this job in such a way that you may have to do it all over again a month later.