Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Removing inside door cover during hinge replacement - Bosch HMC80251UC/01  (Read 224 times)

Offline jkbasel

• VIP Member

I found a thread on replacing the hinges for this model and also got the Bosch manual that describes how to do it.
The only problem is that the manual does not mention removal of the inside plastic cover (AP5961909).  I cannot figure out how to do this and it seems that many others have broken it and needed to replace it with a new one after doing the repair.

Does anyone know how to remove the inside cover without breaking it?

Thanks in advance,
John

Offline Draymc48

• Technician
I use a very small flat head or pocketknife and just "find" the tabs or pull points. Start on a corner by a hinge usually. If I'm not mistaken as long as you have the hinges wedged open you shouldn't have to fool with the door choke.

Offline jkbasel

• VIP Member
Thanks so much for the help.  I'll carefully give it a try and report back on how it goes.

John