Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Ge Dishwasher not washing motor super hot.model GSD3360D5SS  (Read 252 times)

Offline mdniswan50

• VIP Member

I replace  solenoid  plastic was melted .I replaced impeller and seal kit.I plug in water fill up but will not wash.The motor is super hot.

Offline manden

• Technician
Re: Ge Dishwasher not washing motor super hot.model GSD3360D5SS
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 07:30:03 AM »
Sounds like the motor may be seized.

Remove power from the unit and try rotating the impeller manually.
You should be able to do this by rotating the motors armature fan so you do not have to dismantle the pump assembly.

If you did not add water to the sump after replacing the impeller and before running the unit for the first time then you may have overheated the motor seals seizing the motor.
These pumps do not like to run when dry.

PS
Melted plastic in the solenoid is often caused by a timer problem re: power to the solenoid staying on for too long.
Power to it should be momentary, just long enough to pull the flapper valve down then the water pressure holds the flapper in this position until the drain cycle removes the water pressure.

Offline mdniswan50

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 07:34:38 AM »
The motor does spin not locked up.So think needs new timer.

Offline manden

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 07:45:51 AM »
Check across the motor when it is trying to run (getting hot) for 120 volts.
If you have 120 then the motor is toast.