Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Another Kenmore Dishwasher  (Read 210 times)

Offline Oldguy

• VIP Member
Another Kenmore Dishwasher
« on: June 27, 2019, 09:36:39 PM »

I have a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher, #665.16059402 that has been stopping after the wash cycle.  I found a Youtube video that if I pushed the High Temp Button then Energy Saver 5 times alternating between the buttons it might reset it.  It seemed to work for a couple of times then it stopped.  I wasn't around and my wife then found my note and pushed each button 5 times and it seemed to lock the dishwasher where it wouldn't run at all.

I finally found the Tech Sheet under the washer kickplate and found I should push the Heated Dry, Normal, Heated Dry, Normal in less than 6 seconds.  I did that and the washer started through its test cycle and seems ready for another load of dishes.  We haven't run another wash load yet but I'm afraid it may stop again.  I took the top of the washer door apart and looked at the circuit board but see no obvious burn spots on any of the terminals.  What is my next step if (when) the washer stops again.  It is a 13 yo washer so I'm questioning how far I should go with it.

Thanks for your ideas!

Offline ron3033

• VIP Member
Re: Another Kenmore Dishwasher
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 11:52:49 AM »
I had to do similar to my DW when a wire fell off the heater element  Just run the test and give it a try.  You may want to have either no dishes in it or a few fairly clean ones in the event you need to bail it out if there is another problem.... but the diagnostic cycle test should tell you.

Offline Oldguy

• VIP Member
Re: Another Kenmore Dishwasher
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 05:44:21 PM »
Since I reset my DW it has been working fine.  Initially we only ran it on a different cycle than Normal and it seemed to work fine.  My wife forgot to do that once and selected Normal by mistake and it still seemed Ok.    Iím wondering now if the soft touch buttons got bumped somehow and it changed the programmed cycles?  Iím leaving it alone for now as long as itís working!