Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Samsung dryer natural orifice gas kit  (Read 204 times)

Offline dewitt8884

• Technician
Samsung dryer natural orifice gas kit
« on: June 25, 2019, 08:10:12 PM »

Hey guys, I can't seem to find natural gas orifices for a Samsung dryer (Mod: DV50K7500GW/A3).  I can find the LP kit all day long.  Not even Samsung customer service seems to know. 

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
Re: Samsung dryer natural orifice gas kit
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 09:39:38 AM »
I am not sure if the Samsung parts are similar to older Maytag  parts.  I have converted many Maytag units from LP gas to natural gas and vice versa. The typical kit requires 2 parts to be changed. The orifice plug  and a relief plug.  The orifice for natural gas is large a diamter and the orifice for LP gas is a smaller diameter. The natural gas valve uses a  simple plug  on the top and the LP gas version uses a relief type valve plug with a sliding  plastic stem  with a spring inside.  A label is also to be affixed in the area of the valve and/or data plate showing a change has been made.  I dont  have any particular p/n's for the samsung but hope this helps.

Offline dewitt8884

• Technician
Re: Samsung dryer natural orifice gas kit
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 12:10:00 PM »
Yeah I appreciate your help. And I'm extremely familiar with all conversions of all types. I'm not about to take a non OEM part and put it in there though because of liability.