Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: HSWP1000M2WW All cycles work only after unplugged for an hour  (Read 242 times)

Offline GeekX3

• VIP Member

I have a Hotpoint top loader (with belt) where all cycles work the first time I use it, then the 2nd load I do, it will spin but not drain. I leave it unplugged for an hour, and I can run thru all cycles just fine. It sounded to me like a motor capacitor, but I guess this model doesn't have one? Any ideas why it will work fine after being unplugged? Bad ground, water level sensor hose partially clogged?
Also just a bit of other info, before I did a reset (unplugging then opening and closing the lid 6 times) it was not spinning or draining. I was able to manually start the spinning, close the lid and it would finish the cycle. Then when I did this reset, it was spinning and not draining as I said above.

Offline luck

• Technician
Re: HSWP1000M2WW All cycles work only after unplugged for an hour
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 03:19:49 PM »
sounds like the pump motor is getting to hot  2nd time or the main motor may be cutting out on hi temp
        bad bearing ect

Offline GeekX3

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 11:15:30 AM »
Thanks for your reply! I am going to take a temp reading of the motors after a load and see if the thermal cutoff is kicking in.

Offline jeff5may

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 12:50:58 PM »
Make sure the drain pump is getting power when it's supposed to be operating. If so, it needs to be replaced. If not, could be a control board issue. With this design, the control board commands everything. No direct feedback from the tub drive motor, it's a smart slave. The motor/inverter has blinking light codes and pretty much the only solution is to swap out major assemblies. Strange blinking light equals need a new drive motor inverter. If no strange blinking light, needs a new control board and or sensors.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 12:55:12 PM by jeff5may »