Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: LG DLGX2802L - Has Run Cycles for No Reason  (Read 152 times)

Offline zgordon1021

• VIP Member
LG DLGX2802L - Has Run Cycles for No Reason
« on: June 19, 2019, 12:13:09 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I have an LG DLGX2802L that I acquired when I purchased my home from the previous owner. Everything seems to be ok, with the exception of where it has ran a few times for absolutely no reason. We've walked into the laundry room which was extremely warm and humid and when you open the dryer door, its very damp and warm. I have done some searching on the internet and have not found anything on this issue. At this point, my wife and I are unplugging the dryer as we are worried about it running when we are not home.

Has anyone seen or heard anything like this before?

Thanks,

Offline Draymc48

• Technician
Re: LG DLGX2802L - Has Run Cycles for No Reason
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 06:04:53 AM »
I've seen various appliances that are affected by radio frequencies. Not saying this is your issue, but if you live near an airport, have a baby monitor close by, or even a garage door opener, this can cause frequency bleed over and can turn appliances on/off.

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
Re: LG DLGX2802L - Has Run Cycles for No Reason
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 08:50:02 AM »
Strange that the airplane radio business would come up but I believe it can happen especially to garage door openers. Maybe this is another mystery actuation ! Many years ago My neighbors  garage door would go up and down when no one was at home and no one driving past  on the street. After many frustrating days by the local door service company it was traced to small planes from a nearby airport trigerring their  radio mike when they were coming in to land or taking off. The signal was apparently strong enough to activate the opener.  Might be something to consider in regard to this random appliance problem ?