Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool WRX735SDHZ01 Noisy  (Read 306 times)

Offline safebustr

• VIP Member
Whirlpool WRX735SDHZ01 Noisy
« on: June 17, 2019, 02:19:54 PM »

Just received a new reefer and can't believe how loud it is. This thing sounds like an air compressor, twice as loud as my 13 year old unit. Any of you service folks have any ideas? I normally don't mess with household appliances but this one is mine so trying to find a clue before I peek inside. Also a service manual would be appreciated, didn't see one in the archives.
 :thanks:

Offline dab147315

• Technician

Offline swong

• VIP Member
Re: Whirlpool WRX735SDHZ01 Noisy
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 06:05:08 AM »
Yes, Whirlpool's are indeed noisier but at the end of the day do you want reliable refrigeration or quiet?  Our newly acquired Whirlpool WRT518SZFM is also noisy however I can live with the added noise just so long as I can get 10 or more years out of our Whirlpool.  Prior to this we had a high end LG (model LSFXC2496D) french door refrigerator but it barely kept the refrigerator compartment any cooler than 34-40 degrees Fahrenheit.  It got to be a major problem during our first Summer when ice cream stored in the bottom freezer was way too "soft" to our liking.  Finally after 17 months the damn compressor died.  We called, emailed, and escalated our concerns to LG which fell on very uncaring greedy deaf LG ears.  In frustration we went back to a Whirlpool (model WRT518SZFM) which refrigerates commendably.  FYI, on it's recommended setting it was too cold hence we set the adjustment a tad higher in temperatures and it's perfect....freezer compartment is a cold "0" degrees while the refrigerator compartment is a solid 32 degrees Fahrenheit.  I like this as it has a wider adjustment just in case we need to lower it further during Summer months when all refrigerators labor a bit harder keeping it's cold a bit more labor intensive.

Offline safebustr

• VIP Member
Re: Whirlpool WRX735SDHZ01 Noisy
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 11:20:00 PM »
Ok, So I couldn't stand the noise any longer and had to have a look. Seems the bottom right side of the condenser fin  was actually touching the floor laminate.   Anytime the compressor ran it sounded like an air compressor with a loud 60 hz buzzing, a little       "readjusting" solved the problem. It's still louder than my old unit but Mama is happy and of course I'm happy!
 O0