Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GE Washer Pedestal missing threaded insert making washer shake.  (Read 350 times)

Offline mdniswan50

• VIP Member

Model WBVH5200J3Pedestal base model SBSD137H5WW.I changed shocks but not suspension springs.Pulley has no play belt looks OK, I tried just to see if work,i put leg up thru the base took nut off and put rubber washer on and tighten down shakes more with legs on.With off just little shaking.If no other fix should take pedestal off and try it?Unless have another fix.

Offline olyteddy

• Technician
Re: GE Washer Pedestal missing threaded insert making washer shake.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 09:59:04 AM »
Are the jam nuts tightened on the legs tightened all the way to the base? If the nut on the leg isn't tight to the plate the leg screws in to the washing machine will shake. You could also try rubber vibration dampers on the floor.

Offline mdniswan50

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 05:58:28 PM »
Nothing for leg to screw in.Sending pictures.

Offline mdniswan50

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 06:06:51 PM »
No threads

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 08:30:59 PM »
Get 2 washers larger than the hole and another nut that will thread onto the leg. Insert the leg with an oversized washer between the cabinet and leg. Inside use the other washer and nut to "clamp" the 2 together. Done many.

Offline jeff5may

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 07:17:02 AM »
Ok there are two ways to fix that. First way is to drill out the stripped insert and install another. They're called nutserts. Second way is to drill out the insert and install a serrated lock nut on the inside. Either tighten the crap out of it so the foot never moves, or tack the nut to the corner plate with weld. Serrated nut is a little cheaper than the nutsert but requires more skill.