Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: samsung dryer thermal cut off fuse keeps blowing  (Read 450 times)

Offline jason1979g

• Technician
samsung dryer thermal cut off fuse keeps blowing
« on: June 10, 2019, 07:34:31 PM »

model # DV331AEW/XAA-01
part# DC96-00887A

I've replaced this fuse about three times in the past 4 months.
the vent is short and totally clean. i have replaced the cycling thermostat also but still blows.
has anyone else come across this problem?
Thanks in advance.
Jason

Offline Possum

• Technician
  • Tech since 1975
Re: samsung dryer thermal cut off fuse keeps blowing
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 08:43:00 AM »
 Read Post 61 July 3 2018  good luck

Offline jason1979g

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 12:56:47 PM »
Can I get a little bit more info? Maybe post a link to that post? Thank you.

Read Post 61 July 3 2018  good luck

Offline Possum

• Technician
  • Tech since 1975
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 08:31:03 AM »
Sorry Jason not sure how to do the link thing , search "Samsung dryer not heating again " its on page 5 in the Dryer section , you actually made a reply trying to assist someone , so you probably have already read it , but to sum it up I never did figure out what was wrong with the dryer I was trying to repair  and now I cringe everytime I get a Samsung dryer with a blown thermal fuse if its not something obvious like a stuck closed heat relay or air flow problem

Offline jeff5may

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 07:40:29 AM »
With the multitudes of dryers that turn up with this symptom, I always change out the high limit thermostat and thermal fuse as a matching set. I'm not sure if the 279769 kit will fit, mainly because some dryers have a high limit thermostat with extra wires for a heater and or feedback to the control board. I do know that the flat thermal fuse fits in the same spot as the one with legs though. To get a matching set from Samsung, you have to order the whole heater assembly.

Offline Atech

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 08:02:10 AM »
I've run in to this also. We change the whole heater assembly, because sometimes you'll get a sagging element which is too close to the thermal fuse. The fact that they have moved the location of the thermal fuses and safety t-stat on the new element tells me that they have had design issues.

Dave