Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool WDT780SAEM1 lower rack sticks  (Read 208 times)

Offline SharkSandwich

• VIP Member
Whirlpool WDT780SAEM1 lower rack sticks
« on: June 06, 2019, 05:05:45 PM »

The bottom part of the tub (where the wheels roll) on my Whirlpool WDT780SAEM1 are too narrow for the rack

Near the front of the wheel "track", there's a part that flares out (in, technically). I suppose it acts as a guide - see attached pic

But when the wheels of the lower rack come in contact with these flared-out sections, the rack sticks; almost stopping it

Is it possible that the tub is warped? Can I get a different rack, whose width is 1/4" ~ 1/2" narrower?

Can I spread the tub a bit without damaging it?

[btw, this has ALWAYS been a problem with this dishwasher, and Whirlpool refused to replace it and, and offered only to replaced the tub, but "it basically requires an overhaul and something else might get damaged in the process"]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 05:07:57 PM by SharkSandwich »

Offline Caddy4343

• VIP Member
Re: Whirlpool WDT780SAEM1 lower rack sticks
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 08:01:02 PM »
I'd say that the tub is damaged.  I'd take the new tub and compare the two.  Yes, changing everything over will require an experienced tech.