Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: What is this part called?  (Read 393 times)

Offline irvineboy

• VIP Member
What is this part called?
« on: May 25, 2019, 01:37:13 AM »

My Saumsung washer (model number WF448AAP/XAA) starting leaking water so I opened the top panel to diagnose where the water was coming from. There is a white plastic part, pyramid shaped at one end, that connects 2 rubber hoses. It looks like one side of the black rubber hose connects to the detergent and bleach reservoir.  I notice there is a slight crack in the plastic. I have had this washer for about 7 years. When I do a quick wash (which takes about 41 minutes), the water will spray out of the plastic part right around the 8 minute left mark. It doesn't leak water in the beginning of the wash cycle, only towards the end of the cycle when the washer is spinning very fast. Water sprays out for 1 minute or so.

What is the purpose of this part?
What is this part called?
What is the part number?
Where can I order the part from?

I just googled Samsung parts, and found partselect.com or repairclinic.com or or appliancepartspros.com or I can directly call samsung.  Not sure if there is a recommendation.

If anyone can help me identify this part name and if there is a way to get the part number, I would appreciate it?

Offline irvineboy

• VIP Member
Re: What is this part called?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 02:33:19 AM »
Here is what the nozzle looks like.  I think it is the lower nozzle that is cracked.  I am not sure if you can buy the lower nozzle separately or if you have to buy the entire thing?

Offline olyteddy

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 07:02:41 PM »
Putting the model number into the parts search above sends back this:
https://www.appliancepartspros.com/parts-for-samsung-wf448aap-xaa-0000.html

Offline def

• VIP Member
  • I'll fix anything...sometimes, I'm successful.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 11:18:32 PM »
Looks like a little dab of JB Weld might fix that.
I used to repair MK56 GFCS RADAR...now, I'm a farmer.

Offline jeff5may

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 07:23:36 AM »
That would be a check valve. Easier to just order the whole hose assembly but cheaper to just replace the broken piece. Depends on what your time is worth.