Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Electrolux (Frigidaire) EW23BC71IS6 ice maker mold problems  (Read 345 times)

Offline bland328

• VIP Member
Electrolux (Frigidaire) EW23BC71IS6 ice maker mold problems
« on: April 12, 2019, 10:36:12 AM »

tl;dr: What does it mean when both tests 51C (Th1 mold thermistor test) and 54C (mold heater test) are failing with code "SH", both with and without the mold wiring harness plugged in?

I've had luck fixing the obnoxious ice maker in my Electrolux EW23BC71IS6 a couple times in the past, when the problem was with the Th3 thermistor (test 52C failing).

Now I have a new problem, and I'm hoping someone has some insight.

Here's what I'm seeing:
  • The mold moves to the right, fills, moves to the left, freezes, then stays there.
  • All tests pass, except for 51C (Th1 mold thermistor test) and 54C (mold heater test), which both display a code of "SH".
  • With the mold wiring harness (green and white wiring) unplugged, 51C and 54C both still report "SH".
The "Fresh Food Icemaker Diagnostic" chart I'm using doesn't list "SH" as a potential code, but I assume it means "shorted."

So, I was hoping/expecting that unplugging the mold wiring harness would change the result of test 51C (Th1 mold thermistor) to either "OP" (open) or "Er" (error).

But it didn't change anything, so now I'm concerned it might be a wiring or control board issue upstream of there, which leaves me really unexcited about sinking more money or time into this refrigerator.

Any thoughts on what I might try?

Offline tcarmen

• Technician
Re: Electrolux (Frigidaire) EW23BC71IS6 ice maker mold problems
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 05:36:05 PM »
There's a service bulletin that suggests using dielectric grease on all the fresh food icemaker connectors to keep moisture out. (pull them all apart and make sure they're clean and dry first).

Hope that helps.

Terry

Offline e.p.

• Technician
Re: Electrolux (Frigidaire) EW23BC71IS6 ice maker mold problems
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 09:57:55 AM »
Thats the bullet type ice maker and somebody should have put a bullet through it a long time ago. "SH" error is for short. You either have a wiring problem or the control board is bad. I'd bet on the control board.