Forum Index > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

Samsung Refrigerator RS2530BWP icing up at bottom

(1/1)

jp4par:
My fridge is a side-by-side about 10 years old and started dripping water down under the front. I looked in the freezer and noticed ice on the bottom under the drawer. After some research determined it may be the defrost drain freezing up. I pulled it apart, got all the ice out and thought maybe it was the heater so I replaced it. Unfortunately that wasn't it as after a few days ice is forming again. Some posts say it may be froze up, but I defrosted it the best I could from inside the freezer. I'm wondering if I need to pull off the back to see more but I can't find a service manual and I'm really out of my element (I work in information technology).

Any assistance is appreciated as to where to go from here.

Thanks.

dab147315:
Sounds like the drain is still plug up. Here is a service manual ,but make sure the drain is clear and use boiling hot water to clear drain or a steamer if you have one.BASIC : RS2530
MODEL NAME : RS2530B

MODEL CODE : RS2530BWP/XAC

jp4par:
I will try the boiling water to clear the drain tonight and let you know how it goes.

Thanks

jp4par:
@dab147315, thank you for the quick reply. I was able to completely clear the drain with boiling water. I will know in a few days if it is fixed for good, but seems like it is.

Thanks again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version