Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: DBSR463EG6WW Service manual  (Read 380 times)

Offline hannaservices

• VIP Member
DBSR463EG6WW Service manual
« on: May 02, 2019, 09:04:57 AM »

Hey guys! I need a service manual for a GE Dryer, Model # DBSR463EG6WW. Issue is it isn't coming on. Already diagnosed bad relays, and changed out buzzer and timer resistor. Still didn't fix problem. Outlet, power cord and all switches have power and tested fine. Help?!

Offline dab147315

• Technician
Re: DBSR463EG6WW Service manual
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 09:51:36 AM »
WE4M137 Don't know  what relays you're talking about but a lot of possible here on I guess from what you're saying dryer main motor is not coming on? Better to start with power supply. This dryer has a thermal shut off like in this video.Here is a tech sheet.

Offline hannaservices

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 10:04:47 AM »
Thanks for your reply! We have changed WE4M255 and WE4M318. The dryer in general isn't coming on. We checked power from the back end...i.e: outlet and power cord. Just wondering what would be the next option. Unit is around 11 years old. Thanks for your info, and if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 10:07:08 AM by hannaservices »

Offline jeff5may

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 07:53:16 AM »
The usual suspects for a no start condition are the rotary start switch, the timer, the door switch, the idler pulley switch, thermal fuse, and motor. A little time with a voltmeter under the hood and the GE will be good to go for a long time again. Quick tip: some of those dryers have a big honkin fuse by the cord terminals.

If I ever get into a GE dryer, I always check the drum support sliders. By far the number one prime suspect.

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 07:32:07 AM »
FWIW I avoid GE and Frigidaire dryers as they are not a good candidate for repair. Also the front drum supports are prone to fail  quicker than old Maytag units. Also the heating coils are difficult to replace as compared to the Old Maytags, Kenmores, and Speed Queens  Not a fun job if you are in the repair business. I am sure someone will tell me the GE units are great machines but my experience is the opposite. Speed Queen is still one of the best and easiest to work on.