Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kitchenaid dishwasher kude40fxss5,out of control  (Read 340 times)

Online shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Kitchenaid dishwasher kude40fxss5,out of control
« on: April 27, 2019, 01:10:56 AM »

This dw whether door is closed or not,will change cycles on its own,to normal,to 1 hour,to cancel/drain,back and forth.nobody is touching any key.When the door is closed,it would go to drain, then back to normal,then to 1hour,then to cancel/drain.It would actually let water in,for a few seconds,then change to drain again.Just randomly change from cycle to cycle,to drain.You can see the indicatig lites change back and forth. I replaced the touch pad,thinking it is too sensitive,stray heat was causing the keys to act like being pushed, the same as the warm finger touching the keys.After I replaced the touch pad,there is no change of the behaviour,the problem is still there.It will not finish any cycle,even the cancel/drain.I tried the diagnostic procedure,it did not work either.Have you guys seen anything like this?I don't know replacing the relay board would fix this crazy problem.Please help!

Online shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983
Re: Kitchenaid dishwasher kude40fxss5,out of control
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 12:09:54 PM »
So I started by replacing the touch pad,the same symptoms were still there.Then I replaced the relay board.That fixed the problem.There is still one minor glitch.The little lite on the door has different colours to tell the user what it is doing.Blue for running,red for drying and green for finished cycle.The blue does not come on when washing.The red and the green work good.Is this s problem with the new relay board?