Forum Index > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

Looking for service manual Kenmore 106.53664300

(1/1)

Bill:
Working on this refrigerator in my shop which originally had a bad compressor relay and condenser fan motor. Replaced both items and unit cools to good. Refrigerator side seems to maintain proper range of temperature based on bar graph setting but freezer seems to operate at max temp of -25F with freezer control set on bar graph position 1. The compressor unit seems to run continuous unless the unit is in defrost. Damper in refrig side is working properly as far as I can tell. The parts diagram only shows 1 thermistor located in the refrig compartment next to air damper. What lets the system know that freezer is at temp?  Any help with a service manual or tech info will be greatly appreciated. I believe the service manual is 2220407 and tech sheet to be 2255375. Thanks, Bill

dab147315:
Tech sheet only! the other number was for the tech sheet for the ice maker.Here you might be able to use this service manual though!

Bill:
Thank you so much. Was confused because I only saw 1 thermistor located by air damper in Refrig side on parts list. Now I know their are 2 which only makes sense I can get this thing figured out.

Bill:
Replaced freezer thermistor and temps are normal now with unit cycling of as should be. Diagnostics lied to me and showed that both thermistors were good but resistance values were off by several thousand ohms so I replaced the thermistor and now the freezer and refrigerator temps are normal on setting 4 for both sides of unit.

dab147315:
 :thanks: For the update!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version