Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore fridge model 795.71312312,about 3 years old,not defrosting automatically  (Read 169 times)

Offline shillion

• Technician
  • I have been repairing appliances since 1983

My customer has this fridge,one morning,the display on the top edga of the body disappeared.She unplugged it for a few minutes,plugged back in,display came back.She also found out the freezer was OK,fan was working,but fresh food compartment was not cold,its bottom freezer fridge.I found out too much frost in freezer.I could not find any service literature.Please help!

Offline dab147315

• Technician

Offline shillion

• Technician
Thank you dab,this service  manual will be very useful to find out why it's not defrostig.The owner called me today again to tell me the display was gone again.I told her to re-boot the fridge again.It seemed it did re-boot.Why does  it need  re-booting so often?What can I do about it?

Offline shillion

• Technician
I got the big and expensive control board.I installed it.What happened?The interior lites are off when the doors are open,life's are on when the doors are closed.And fan and compressor did not start.I heard about the lites  worked opposite way,but not machine not running.Have you guys seen  this before?

Offline shillion

• Technician
I don't know it's my phone auto correction problem,it often change the spelling to different word.I clearly entered' lites',but it displayed "life's".I just have to watch the display carefully.