Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: WPL not dispensing ice or activation auger motor  (Read 141 times)

Offline fyxxer

• VIP Member
WPL not dispensing ice or activation auger motor
« on: April 20, 2019, 10:54:02 PM »

Whirlpool WSF26C3EXF01. Customer called and says it won't dispense ice. Ice door opens but no sound of auger motor. He says he replaced the motor previously.
What I'm thinking is that the control on the dispenser is bad. It does give water, makes ice. The replacement dispenser control is expensive. I'm headed out in a few days to do some testing. Any suggestions besides testing the motor and connections? I would THINK that is the control is good, when the dispense ice button is activated there should be power to the motor. If not, control issue.

Offline baldwinappliance

• Technician
Re: WPL not dispensing ice or activation auger motor
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 12:31:05 AM »
Make sure the door switch(es) are not the problem. Try taping them down. Seen several where door is slightly warped but enough to not activate switch. WPL actually has a small foam pad to stick to door in that case. Under warranty replace door.