Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore 11092274110 possible timer issues?  (Read 261 times)

Offline Matt Cook

• VIP Member
Kenmore 11092274110 possible timer issues?
« on: April 13, 2019, 11:14:05 AM »

This washer has Normal, Permanent Press, and Heavy wash cycles.  We always use Permanent Press.  Lately its symptoms include:
-There is a long pause between filling and starting to agitate; it used to start agitating as soon as it was finished filling.
-There are other pauses between various cycles that did not previously occur.
-When the whole cycle is over, the clothes are still wet and there is sometimes a little water visible in the bottom of the tub, requiring a second final spin to be done.
-When I turn the timer to do a final spin (just a few degrees before the end of the cycle indicator), often it does not start the spin when I pull out the timer knob.  It will start after a long pause, or sometimes if I pull strongly on the knob (after it is already pulled out to start), it will start the spin.
-A cycle takes about 10 minutes longer than normal, I assume because of all the pauses.

I just did a load on "Normal" and it did everything normally without any of the above symptoms.  I wonder if some of the mechanics (gears, detents, or whatever) in the Permanent Press part of the timer have gotten worn out and I need to replace the timer?  Or is something else indicated?  The washer is about 26 years old.  TIA

Offline johnboy3

• Technician
Re: Kenmore 11092274110 possible timer issues?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 06:22:19 PM »
Sounds like the timer...Just think how much longer it would have worked if you had done normal wash on normal and your dainties on delicate!!! :)