Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Is it slower than normal or overloaded?  (Read 866 times)

Offline rkious1

• Technician
    • K-ICE Heating and Cooling and Appliance Repair
Is it slower than normal or overloaded?
« on: April 11, 2019, 09:34:23 AM »

seems like fewer post . Is it slower than normal or ya folks covered up and canít get time to post?
K-ICE Appliance Repair
Ross Kious
870-351-2847

Offline noyesappliancerepair

• Technician
Re: Is it slower than normal or overloaded?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 08:02:10 PM »
Strange no one wants to answer.  It's called pride.  I will say it is slower than normal here in our area and I'm not ashamed in saying so. Every business is that way and those that say otherwise are on their way out or gone already .

Offline rkious1

• Technician
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 08:26:30 PM »
I am just starting back up so I expected to be slow for a while. That being said in 2001 I went in business and got 2 or 3 service calls a day after about a month. Then built up to 5 or 6 a day after 4 months. Then September 11 hit and it took me years to hit the 5 and 6 calls a day. It was about 7 or 8 when I went into refrigeration and HVAC counter sales and tech support. After 10 years here I am again.  :D
K-ICE Appliance Repair
Ross Kious
870-351-2847

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 08:30:51 PM »
yea right now 2 to 4 calls a day; now about month ago 6 to 9 new calls everyday;  one day my wife had 63 different calls in one day; so yea its slow for some reason right now; im doing about 7 calls a day new and part installs combined

Offline rkious1

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 12:15:28 PM »
Do you do Factory Warranties also ? I will more than likely have to wait a while before any manufacturers would add me any ways. By that time I would more than likely not want any  ;) . Factory warranties are a love / Hate game anyways . 
K-ICE Appliance Repair
Ross Kious
870-351-2847

Online theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 12:53:10 PM »
About 5-6 a day, which is fine as I help another Mom and Pop appliance company and that makes it average 6-8 a day 6 days a week. The driving seems to be further now than before, maybe it's just me getting older.

Offline tcarmen

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 02:05:46 PM »
Do you do Factory Warranties also ? I will more than likely have to wait a while before any manufacturers would add me any ways. By that time I would more than likely not want any  ;) . Factory warranties are a love / Hate game anyways .

Don't bother with the warranty work. It's not profitable. (at all)

They pay flat rate. By the time you get done with travel time, mileage, a return trip with the parts (they're new machines, so you pretty much never have the parts), picking up the parts, filing the warranty claim, making sure you get paid for each one and making sure you get credit for the parts, you'll make more money sitting on a stool saying "welcome to walmart".

• Technician
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 11:53:51 PM »
actually warranty jobs are paying me my rates; whirlpool also pays me trip rate outside of my zone; speedqueen pays well for us and lg pays real good for us; matter fact lg might be our best paying; i wont give rates but my standard rate for collect calls in our area is 110.00 and lg pays more than that in this area.

Offline rkious1

• Technician
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 07:42:50 AM »
In this area itís $60.00 to $80.00 . With most being on the lower end.
K-ICE Appliance Repair
Ross Kious
870-351-2847

Offline rbmappltech

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 07:00:40 AM »
It's been slow the last couple of months, some days I had more telemarketer calls then actual service calls. I think it's starting to pickup now. I know Dish has cost me allot of Samsung warranty calls, since Samsung has started using them to do some of their warranty work.  I know that Dish has no problem screwing their customers when it comes to working on fridges. On allot of no cool Samsung fridges,.Dish will tell the customer it's a sealed system issue and they don't work on sealed systems, then charge the customers $100.00 for a service call. The customer is already pissed to pay a $100 for a service call for nothing, then have Dish pass the buck on to a real appliance repair person.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 07:02:52 AM by rbmappltech »

Offline ChristianMayorca

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2019, 05:50:15 AM »
Warranty work is generally not beneficial to anyone.

Offline jimd2

• Technician
  • Wish the New stuff was like it was in the 80's
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2019, 04:01:45 PM »
To many people kicking great product to the curb without ever calling anybody
I picked up a duet washer/dryer sitting on the curb and the washer had a sock stuck in the pump
They never called anyone
Maybe try door hangers, go out an evening with your other half in a good section of your service area
hang some tags that say what you service and let it be known you are there .
If you could be busy in good zip codes thats fantastic.
Limit travel
Just a thought
Ive been inactive and focused on a different career but now am slowing ramping back up
There is NOTHING like working for yourself
This is not me but just an image I got of line
If only they still sold the Direct Drive
Couplers were a gift from Whirlpool to Service Techs