Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Maytag electric dryer LDE 4910  (Read 364 times)

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
Maytag electric dryer LDE 4910
« on: February 27, 2019, 08:34:05 PM »

I have just been given a dryer with the model number shown that experienced a smoky  fire at the vent tube. The external  plastic tube  must have caught fire or something caused a smoky sooty deposit on the inside if this dryer. Does anyone have a good suggestion or way to clean out the inside where this unit has sooty deposit. ? I have not taken it apart completely  but it smells bad and has a black soot deposit. I dont think it has a serious problem of the rotating parts but looking for suggestions before I give  it to the trash collector.

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
Re: Maytag electric dryer LDE 4910
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 04:01:06 PM »
For the benefit of others I dismantled the above dryer and found one of the worst messes in my experience and thought I would pass it on. The plastic blower wheel was almost melted as was about half the plastic blower housing. The wheel was apparently jammed against  the housing and held from rotating  due to a lot of foreign material. The t-stat on the front side of the housing then shorted and things went downhill from there . I doubt it can be repaired at a reasonable cost.  The heating coil suprisingly Was still usable. 

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
Re: Maytag electric dryer LDE 4910
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 09:02:04 AM »
A newer blower housing and a new blower wheel and a few other parts were replaced and the unit put back together. It still smells a little smoky but works OK and will be put up for sale.