Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: GSHS6LGBBHSS Refrigerator and freezer not cold enough  (Read 231 times)

Offline RAChase

• VIP Member
GSHS6LGBBHSS Refrigerator and freezer not cold enough
« on: April 11, 2019, 04:21:00 PM »

Arrived at customers home found both the refrigerator and freezer at around 50 degrees. Customer informed me her father replaced the main board and no change. Pulled the evaporator cover, full frost pattern. Evaporator fan running. Checked condenser coil, dirty but not as bad as I have seen on working units. Cleaned condenser coil, monitored wattage draw and temperature drop. Wattage started at 120 watts and temperature dropped fast until around 49 degrees the wattage lowered to 90 watts and temperature began to rise. Measured all temperature sensors at main cba connector, All were within tolerance. Normally I would tap system and check pressure but this refrigerator has a 5 year parts and labor sealed system warranty and I do not want to give GE a chance to void warranty due to a non authorized service center tapping sealed system.  Has a Panasonic compressor (DC57C84RCU6). Has anyone here seen this? I changed her freezer temperature sensor, told her to call GE and schedule sealed system repair. I said if tomorrow you have a working refrigerator, cancel GE sealed system repair.