Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool dryer push to start switch NLA  (Read 496 times)

Offline Beegs

• VIP Member
Whirlpool dryer push to start switch NLA
« on: March 17, 2019, 12:46:36 PM »

I have a Whirlpool coin op dryer model number: CE2950XYW3 that has a faulty push to start button.  The button is "stuck" on so that all you have to do is shut the door and it kicks on everytime. My tenants love it!!

The part number I need is:  3401851 which is no longer available and I cannot find a used one.

Is there a company that repairs these?  About 6 months ago when it first gave me trouble, I removed it and was able to get it working by spraying a little WD40 while working the switch but it didn't last.

Thanks for any advice or info!

Bryan in NH

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
Re: Whirlpool dryer push to start switch NLA
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 12:41:33 PM »
If you could provide a couple of pictures I might be able to find a similar one in my junk box. The part is apparently NLA anywere but if it is a push to start type switch you might be able to make another  one work. I am located near Peoria, Illinois and if I have something I could ship to you for $5 plus shipping cost.  Tom H 

Offline Beegs

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 06:42:52 AM »
That would be great...thanks for replying. I'll take a picture of it this week and try and figure out how to post it.  Thanks again.

Offline Beegs

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 06:51:44 AM »
If you could provide a couple of pictures I might be able to find a similar one in my junk box. The part is apparently NLA anywere but if it is a push to start type switch you might be able to make another  one work. I am located near Peoria, Illinois and if I have something I could ship to you for $5 plus shipping cost.  Tom H
That would be great...thanks for replying. I'll take a picture of it this week and try and figure out how to post it.  Thanks again.

Offline Beegs

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 06:55:42 AM »

I just found this picture online. I will verify this week but I am quite certain this is the correct one:

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 08:21:08 AM »
Did you ever find a replacement for the switch you mention ?I have a couple of push-to-start switches of a different configuration but they will require some rework to fit and rewiring of the controls .Advise if you want a picture .Tom H    e-mail me  jaybird@mtco.com

Offline Beegs

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 06:27:55 AM »
Did you ever find a replacement for the switch you mention ?I have a couple of push-to-start switches of a different configuration but they will require some rework to fit and rewiring of the controls .Advise if you want a picture .Tom H    e-mail me  jaybird@mtco.com
I just found someone local that believes he can repair the switch. I'm planning on giving it a shot this week but will be in touch with you if it doesn't work out. Thanks!

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 06:58:53 AM »
I have a  couple here in my junk box if you need to try one. I will send pictures of them if you decide there is a possibility one can be made to work.