Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Kenmore Elite electric dryer model 110.63012101 - Overheats  (Read 213 times)

Offline Zedan

• VIP Member
Kenmore Elite electric dryer model 110.63012101 - Overheats
« on: March 16, 2019, 01:26:40 PM »

Hello. I've got an old Kenmore Elite electric dryer that heats up until it trips the non-resettable thermostat and then will no longer heat at all. I confirmed this much by finding the thermostat with broken continuity, replacing it (or rather, resetting it by slamming it into the ground), and then running the dryer again, at which point it heated normally for a few loads before quitting again. I cleaned out some dust when I opened the dryer up, but I assume I didn't fully address whatever was causing the overheating.

a. The lint trap is clean, and I can feel air blowing from the outside vent when the dryer is running (though I'm not an expert and don't know how to tell if the amount of air I'm feeling is enough air).
b. The heating element has continuity from one connector to the other, and not to the case, so it shouldn't be a short-circuiting element causing the overheating.

I'm in the process of taking the thing apart again. What could I be looking for to diagnose this?

Thanks

Offline Bearcat

• Technician
Re: Kenmore Elite electric dryer model 110.63012101 - Overheats
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 08:15:11 PM »
Hello,

If the part that you mentioned abusing is either number 47 or 48 on the bulkhead diagram, https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model/15sxfqtiv2-000582#
Then I would replace them both.  They come as a pair in a package, part number 279769.
Hope this helps.
Let us know how it works out for you.

Bearcat
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 08:17:18 PM by Bearcat »