Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool Commercial CAE2743BQ - manually start new cycle from service door?  (Read 316 times)

Offline Whirlpooled

• VIP Member

The 3 year old Whirlpool model CAE2743BQ I have for my apartment building occasionally does not do a final spin and tenants are calling my busy apartment manager asking if they can have a refund.

My apt manager said the retail store where purchased told him there's a lever inside the (locked) top service door which when pressed forward will start the washer manually w/o the need for coins, but there's no lever, only a red & white wire with a connector that can be unconnected leading into the control panel. Does anyone know how to start a new cycle manually from the service door so my manager doesnt need to use his own quarters when a tenant needs to run the wash cycle again after a cycle w/o a final spin? He does not have access to the coin box.  Thanks for any help on this.

Offline luck

• Technician

that machine does not have a timer that you can push a cam to start  it .    those 2 wires go to a micro switch if you take a long
          flat blade screwdriver you can push the lever that contacts the switch that will start your machine

Offline Whirlpooled

• VIP Member
The 2 wires go through a hole into behind the front panel cover, do I need to take off the cover to access the lever? I'm not able to see a lever through the side hole in the access door.  Thanks

Offline luck

• Technician
if its a side door you can unscrew the bar holding the coin chute in place. pull it out then you see the switch

Offline Whirlpooled

• VIP Member
It's a top access door. I felt a long hex shaped rod but didnt try unscrewing. I can try that but hopefully it's not too tough to get back in.