Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Disclosure: This website contains affiliate links, Meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you.

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Commercial Maytag VMW washer  (Read 583 times)

Offline Possum

• Technician
  • Tech since 1975
Commercial Maytag VMW washer
« on: February 18, 2019, 12:00:52 PM »

So how are these holding up , I just cant see a VMW as a commercial quality washer in a laundry mat

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses keep it simple
    • Appliance Repair
Re: Commercial Maytag VMW washer
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 12:47:00 PM »
That would make a good comedy skit :rofl:

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 08:34:08 PM »
Had a complex that installed 4 of these and 8 weeks later sold them all on Craigs list and bought Speed Queen after $400.00 worth of clothing damage and repairs.

Offline haroldsappliance

• Technician
  • No bull no excuses keep it simple
    • Appliance Repair
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 04:32:18 AM »
We all know that the vmw whirlpool piece of junk washer is sold under many many different names including Maytag and Kenmore. Also the new top load GE washer is a total boat anchor as is the new 2018 Speed Queen. Samsung is total garbage. what does that leave LG and Electrolux and maybe bosch. I don't see very many bosch out there but I do have confidence in the Electrolux but who's to say that they have'nt changed that that design and we just haven't seen it yet. I am very reluctant to advise a customer on what to purchase and I don't. As bad as the whirlpool vmw is I personally think the Speed Queen and new top-load GE are worse and that gives me actually a better opinion of the Whirlpool washer believe it or not.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 04:34:33 AM by haroldsappliance »

Offline Possum

• Technician
  • Tech since 1975
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 08:32:36 AM »
 For top load washers Im still recommending Speed Queen even with the new design , I put 4 of the new design here and have only had one issue (motor control) and these washers run 24/7 . Even though there pricey you cant beat the 3 , 5 , and 7 year warranty . The suspension system works better here as my washers get used and abused , over loading , wrong cycle , to much detergent ...ect . I do have the ideal situation with washers on cement floors . These washers are pretty easy to repair with the usual stuff like pumps , belts and mix valves . If someone only wants to spend 400-500 $ on a washer I tell them to buy a whirlpool

Offline johnb300m

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 10:48:40 AM »
As a usual lurker/engineer/family friends techy helper, I was really hoping the MT commercial VMW was going to be a success.
I was hoping it was a nod to WP ticking up their quality a bit to make good quality machines in this dark age of pure throw-away appliances.
But I'm starting to hear/read murmurs of the commercial VMWs having the same lack of quality issues.

I don't understand. What's the upshot in pissing off so many customers?
All they gotta do is get them to last trouble-free for 7-10 years and they'd keep everyone happy.
Barely getting them to run 2-4yrs before dying is really going to infuriate lots of people, and drive them away to competition.
Unless the competition is just that bad? Then we're all screwed.

I also heard from a sales/tech guy that WP and others are making (washers especially) even less repairable now.
Sealed/welded tubs, no access to bearings.
Eeesh.
Are we going to have to get political here? And force companies to make these appliances at least halfway decent?
This is a lot of money wasted. And a lot of metal/plastic wasted as well!

Offline noyesappliancerepair

• Technician
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 09:01:42 AM »
so far all wp, kenmore, and lg bearing/gearcase are replaceable ; could be the new gearcase style or the same ole bearing kit replacement but i do 3 to 4 of those jobs weekly; just put gearcase in kenmore elite 2018 top load washer last week already.

Offline theoldstoveguy

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 09:02:38 AM »
I forget where I read it but in Great Britain they are trying to push through a law to make machines repairable, as an example. You bought a new gas range and paid $499.00, 2 years later the control fails and it cost $400.00 for the board. How did a company construct all the parts, build and sell and ship to another company (dealer). They made a profit delivered it and yet just one component cost more than they sold it to a dealer? How could they afford to build it? You know they only paid $50.00 if that for the board to produce it. We are being told we are doing this to save energy and the planet, yet we are doing the exact opposite. It's all about money, the CEO needs a new jet and the stockholders need more dividends.