Get Answers to your Appliance Repair Questions

Washer Parts  ·   Dryer Parts  ·   Refrigerator Parts  ·   Dishwasher Parts  ·   Range/Cooktop/Oven Parts  ·   All Appliance Parts 

Author Topic: Whirlpool Cabrio gas dryer model WGD8200YW1  (Read 260 times)

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
Whirlpool Cabrio gas dryer model WGD8200YW1
« on: February 15, 2019, 11:44:23 AM »

I was recently given a gas dryer as noted above with serial number M2209447. The previous owner told me it was making more noise than he expected. I started it up and it makes a small amount of noise when rotating but not much. The panel on occasion  turns on the lint filter indicator. This happens  even with the lint filter screen removed. Shutting the dryer off and selecting a different cycle turns off the lint filter light.. I am not familar with this model of dryer and would appreciate any hints about operation to see if I should go into it further or ignore the warning light. Thanks for any suggestions

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
Re: Whirlpool Cabrio gas dryer model WGD8200YW1
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 01:19:01 PM »
The rear cover of this unit was removed and all dirt was cleaned out in the bottom section Not very much was found. The main drum belt was in good condition . The small dirt extractor blower belt was not removed but it was in good condition with no significant damage noted. I reassembled the  rear cover and started the unit back up and it cycled properly on both the timed dry or normal cycles. No unusual noise was noted. The lint filter indicator light did not come on although there were no clothing in the drum . No unusual noise was noted. Is there any adjustment or wear limit for the small belt mentioned in the repair manual as there is no spring loaded tensioner  that I could observe, Any input from other techs would be appreciated ?

Offline Blaiser

• Technician
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 11:53:46 AM »
I just repaired one last month with same issue. It turned out to be bad bearings in the blower wheel since there is no adjustment on the wheel or belt going to the motor. I removed the blower chamber then the pulley Top nut - there is a small snap ring that needs to be removed or you will never get the case off or bearings out nor the shaft. There are (2) bearings 6201RS one on the top and one on bottom. I found the top one was bad due to the water getting in from the Steam Dryer option that dries the bearing out but I chose to replace both of them while in there (less than $8.00 for both) a small bearing puller was needed which I had then I just had to press the new bearings in. Took about an hour total then the dryer ran Super Quiet after the bearing replacement. When I first got the Dryer in - I did not hear any loud noise while running, then after testing the loud noise appeared all good now after the bearing replacement!

As far as the Lint light coming on I would take the front drum support off and wash the entire front support out with a hose then blow out with High pressure compressed air. Take rubbing alcohol or goof off and wipe the moisture sensor metal strips of any wax residue or use a scotch bright pad that should take care of it! Let me know how you make ou.

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 12:05:07 PM »
Thanks. The info is very good and I will report on the outcome when I get this unit apart.

Offline Thorning

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 01:02:38 PM »
I did not take the unit apart as the internal parts did not make any  significant noise. The belt for the dirt extractor blower was reasonable shape. Sold it to a customer who was happy with it. I dont like this design but it seems to work but a lot of  extra work to get at the blower. Old Maytags are the easiest to work on.

Offline ngetrip

• VIP Member
  • Pakar Seo
    • Buy me a beer through paypal
    • ngetrip kemana
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 10:12:16 AM »
Repair the cabrio gas dryer is not easy. let share to fix it. ngetrip kemana | umbul sidomukti